Saffron Screen’s Rainbow Film Festival celebrated LGBTQ+ cinema from around the world this month with a host of special events and screenings. Read more →
Film Quiz raises £634 for cinema outreach!
A huge £634 was raised at THE BIG FILM QUIZ and we are so very grateful to all who came and to the staff and volunteers who helped to make it such a success, thank you one and all!
At the quiz, we launched Saffron Screen’s Grand Prize Draw in aid of our Community and Outreach Programme.
At Saffron Screen we aim to enrich the lives of everyone in our community through the power of cinema and we are committed to ensuring our screenings are accessible to everyone in Uttlesford, regardless of age, ability or background. With this in mind, we host screenings for those living with dementia and autism and ensure that our programme regularly includes audio-described films for the visually impaired and subtitled films for the hard of hearing. In addition, our Pop-Up Saffron Screen van takes films out into the local community and is a vital resource for many, particularly for those who live in more rural areas of Uttlesford.
Proceeds from the Prize Draw will help us continue with and extend our Community and Outreach programme in 2019.
Tickets for the draw cost £1 and can be purchased at the cinema box office and Tourist Information Centre. See below for the list of incredible prizes!
Grand Prize Draw Prizes:
1st Prize: 2 nights luxury accommodation in London
2nd Prize: Three Course Dinner for two and a bottle of wine at The Plough in Debden
3rd Prize: Experience the deluxe ‘Angela Reed Afternoon Tea with Prosecco’ at their café in Saffron Walden
Other prizes include:
A magnum bottle of wine, courtesy of Joseph Barnes Wines
Chocolates from Hill Street
Six months gym membership at Vision Fitness
A hamper of market goodies, including Saffron Wholefoods and fruit and veg
Gift vouchers from Bicicletta, Cook, Harts Bookshop and Craft Days
And much much more.
The Draw will take place at our outdoor screening of The Princess Bride at Saffron Walden Museum & Castle on Sunday 2nd June.
Many thanks to all of the businesses for their very generous prizes!
*Please get in touch if you’d like a book of tickets to sell at your place or work, group or organisation. Email: email@example.com*
Terms & conditions:
- The cost of each ticket entry into the Saffron Screen prize draw is £1. You may purchase more than one ticket but the maximum number of tickets is one hundred (£100). Payment to enter the draw must be made in advance of the draw date. Any payment received after the draw date will be treated as a donation.
- The Saffron Screen Grand Prize Draw is open to all UK residents over the age of 18 and can include Saffron Screen staff and volunteers.
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 he/she will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit his/her prize and the stake will be returned.
- No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 years. Saffron Screen reserves the right to carry out age verification checks.
- The raffle will be drawn by an independent adjudicator.
- Prizes will be drawn on Sunday 2nd June.
- Monies raised by this draw will support the activities Saffron Screen, registered charity number 1113259.
- Raffle tickets will be entered into the draw only when the whole payment is received.
- Saffron Screen accepts no responsibility for raffle tickets which are lost, damaged, illegible or from which the prize-winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or event which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
- Raffle tickets will be drawn randomly.
- Prizes will be allocated in order of the tickets being drawn from the 1st prize down to the last one.