Saffron Walden Community Cinema Ltd (Saffron Screen) offer a range of services, transactions and communications which may request data from you.
This policy sets out how we do this and applies to anyone who visits our website or corresponds with us by phone, e-mail or in person.
Please read it carefully and if you have any questions please get in touch with us via our email email@example.com.
When do we collect information from you?
We collect information that you give us by filling in forms, either on our website or in person, or when you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
This includes information you provide when you:
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- register for a loyalty card;
- join our Friends Scheme;
- donate or provide sponsorship to us, or meet to discuss potential support you may give;
- when you report a problem with our website;
- attend a meeting, event or workshop;
- register lost property;
- complete a comment card;
- enter a competition.
What information do we collect about you?
The personal data we collect about you may vary depending on the service you request from us. As a minimum we will collect from you:
- your name;
From time to time, depending on the service you require, we may also request the following:
- your postal address;
- your telephone number.
If you donate to Saffron Screen, we will also ask for your postal address for the purposes of administering any Gift Aid contributions you elect to provide, to keep you up to date with how your gift makes a difference and to let you know about future opportunities to support Saffron Screen.
We will also use your telephone number to contact you with regard to membership applications, competition entries, table bookings or lost property.
Age/Date of Birth
Whilst we do not collect your age or Date of Birth when you purchase tickets, we reserve the right to ask when you enter the cinema, for the purposes of:
- ensuring you meet the film’s certification classification; and
- ensuring you have purchased a valid ticket for your age group.
We collect and store these on our Box Office system so that we can help reserve the best seats to meet your needs as a customer.
When you purchase tickets online from Saffron Screen, we will collect payment information from you such as credit or debit card details for the purposes of taking payment. We only hold customer names and partial card details for these transactions, all transactions being processed by our payment providers, Payment Express. Your name and partial card details enable us to refund payments if required.
Other Information we collect
If you correspond with us generally, for example to raise a query, comment or complaint about any of our services, we will also collect any other information you choose to send to us in that correspondence.
When using our website we may also collect some technical (not personal) information about how you use our website, for example the type of device you are using, your operating system, IP address, the web address you arrived at our site from, and length of visit.
How do we use the information you provide?
Where you have disclosed your information to us, we use information:
- because it is necessary to administer the services you have requested from us from time to time and fulfil our obligations to you in providing these services; or
- in the case of our profiling (see below) in order to pursue Saffron Screen’s legitimate interests in raising funds or to inform you by email or other means of similar events or services run by us which we think may interest you. Where we process your personal data on this basis, we will only do so where it does not prejudice your own privacy rights.
We will use your personal information to provide you with Saffron Screen news and information, and with opportunities to support Saffron Screen in the format, and in accordance with any preferences you have requested. We provide options to allow you to sign up to specific emails lists according to your preferences.
We will use the information provided to process your payment for any tickets purchased and to provide you with those tickets. For payment via credit/debit cards, including contactless payments, we only hold customer names and partial card details, all transactions being processed by our payment providers, Payment Express. Your name and partial card details enable us to refund payments if required.
We will also use this information to provide you with news and updates about our products and to provide you with marketing information from time to time about our products.
We will use your personal data for the purposes of processing your loyalty card application and for administering the loyalty card scheme, for example to enable you to collect and redeem points and to monitor usage.
We may also use your personal information for internal analysis of our loyalty card holders, customer surveys and to provide Saffron Screen with audience insights, in order to improve our offering to our customers. Data used for this purpose is anonymised and your personal details will not be visible in any resulting reports or analysis.
We will also use information we collect to:
- administer our website and make sure you can use it properly and effectively;
- respond to any questions, requests or complaints we receive from you;
- to analyse the use of our website; and
- to improve our website.
We won’t use your information for any purposes except those above without letting you know and getting your permission if necessary.
Building profiles of supporters and targeting communications
We may use profiling and screening techniques using your personal data, along with other publicly available information we obtain, to ensure that our communications to you are relevant and timely, and to provide an improved experience for you as a customer and/or supporter. We also use this to allow us to understand the background of the people who support us and to help us to make appropriate requests to supporters for donations.
Who do we share your information with?
We don’t sell your information.
We don’t share the information that is provided to us except:
- with third party service providers, such as hosting providers or an email service provider, who provide services to us so that we are able to fulfil our obligations to you or, where we are able to send you marketing information, to do so;
- if you have donated money to us and have notified us that you are registered for gift aid, we will share your information with HMRC and the Charity Commission for the purposes of administering this;
- if we have a legal obligation to disclose your information (for example, if a court orders us to).
- If we run an event in partnership with another named organisation we may also share information with that partner to enable it to report to funders and inform audience development strategy. Any data shared for these purposes will be in an anonymised and aggregated form.
For how long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected or (if longer) for any period for which we are required to keep personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements or until you ask us to delete your personal data, in accordance with your rights below. We will regularly assess the personal data that we hold to determine its relevance and destroy your personal data if we no longer require it or no longer provide any services to you.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- find out how we process your personal data;
- request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate;
- obtain restriction on our, or object to, processing of your personal data;
- ask us not to process your personal data for our own marketing purposes;
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data; and
- obtain a copy of your personal information which we hold about you. We will take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request and will respond as soon as possible and in any event within a month.
Further, if you do not wish to receive any marketing information from us, you can unsubscribe from such notifications at any time using the link on any e-mail that we send to you, or at any other time by getting in touch with us using our email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the end of your relationship with us you can ask us to delete your personal data and we will do so as far as we are reasonably able and subject to our legal requirements to retain such data. You can also request that we provide you with written confirmation (including in the form of a certificate) of the deletion of your personal data, which we will provide if we have deleted that data and can provide evidence of this.
Third party links
Our websites may contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
If you use any third party sites or resources the third party services’ rules and policies will apply and you should check these before you submit any personal data to third party sites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. This policy applies solely to information collected by Saffron Screen.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights outlined in this policy or have any questions about the way in which Saffron Screen handles your personal data, please contact Saffron Screen’s Data Manager at email@example.com.